OK, so here is what happened. The tested one day and he was an angel baby, although slow to warm up. The tester had to come back the next week because he "surpassed all the tests she had with her." When she came back the tests she ended with were for 4 and 5 year olds and he could have answered all of them with no problems except that he was having too much fun messing with her, grinning from ear to ear and intentionally giving her the wrong answers... {eye roll} She knew exactly what he was doing too...

I'm getting the official results next week, but he doesn't qualify for Early Start because they changed the laws on it last July. Before then he WOULD have qualified. I don't know if that is upsetting or comforting, whether to cry or laugh... Basically it means that he is over 33% delayed in one area (and from what I understand delayed by less in at least one other). They were also amazed at his verbal and cognitive test results. They gave me some phone numbers of places to call, school district and a psychologist ($$$!!!), and I'm going to talk to his pediatrician about it as well.

I don't know where to go from now. There is proof he needs support, but he's not delayed enough to get it. They even told me that if he had been throwing a tantrum when they were there he might have qualified. GRRRR!!!!