hi tiz
I am struggling wtth a lot of the same questions with my DS7 and we're also considering testing for CAPD.. but i wanted to add that i don't think that score spread is unusual in the gifted population. One of the things i read recently was this WISC technical report...http://www.pearsonassessments.com/hai/Images/pdf/wisciv/WISCIVTechReport3.pdf...
Here you'll see that when children identified as "gifted" were given the WISC they got average PSi and WMI scores about 10-15 points lower than their VCI and PCI. Both the 44th and 75th percentiles are in normal range so i'm surprised (or confused) why you did not get a FSIQ for him. I bet it would still be pretty strong. Bright kids are not necessarily speedy. My son got only an 83 on Processing Speed INdex (i think that was the 4th percentile!!) and still ended up with respectable yet deflated FSIQ of 119 with GAI 139.. .I'd love to know (being a budding score geek and all) when a psychologist should not report a FSIQ... or is it just a judgment call?