Arrrrrrrrghghghghgghgggh!

The same teacher that keeps picking on my DD assigned a glue-together flashcard assignment with a one-to-one correspondence of fronts to backs. The fronts weren't explicitly paired to backs before they were to be cut out so it was also a matching exercise.

I found one flat-out factual error (the "carbon dioxide-oxygen cycle" was deleted and the "nitrogen cycle" was in its place) and two cards were so vague as to be impossible to answer. One card said "Plants and animals release ____ as a product of respiration" and the other said "Plants and animals release ____ as a result of respiration." The two answers left at the end were carbon dioxide and nitrogen. CO2 could answer either card but N doesn't answer either.

She just now went to bed after frustrating hours of trying to put it all together. I'd have given her permission to take a zero on the assignment but she already "lost a point" over it. :-( This assignment was done in class during GT pull-out.

This same teacher deducts points for things listed in my rant above.

Her language arts teacher (a different teacher) wouldn't let her read Pride and Prejudice for a realistic fiction project (because it's historical fiction!).

What is this world coming to?

Last edited by zarfkitty; 12/09/09 10:06 PM.

DD12, 7th. Dx'd ADHD/GAD. No IQ test. EXPLORE & SAT just miss DYS but suspect HG+