Hello,

I'm so happy to have found this resource! I've been scouring the internet for help in advocating for my dd6. She is currently in public school kindergarten and we have been advocating for a grade skip since the beginning of the school year. In early September we contacted the school inquiring about the necessary steps needed to put the action into motion. In October, they administered the district's assessments for end of year K and first grade. They would not test higher and do not outsource testing. She tested out of K and nearly out of the first grade assessments. After conferencing with her teachers, the school's principal, reading coach, and guidance counselor it was unanimously decided that our daughter was a good candidate for grade acceleration. In early November, the principal drafted a detailed letter to the district advocating on our daughter's behalf. She was very confident that the switch would happen in the beginning of December. When we met with her before parent/teacher conferences in late November, she alerted us of the district's decision that the grade skip would not be happening as predicted. The district's excuse: lack of policy on grade acceleration. Upon our contacting them, they communicated to us that they would have to draft a policy to present to the Board for our request to be honored. This will take months!!!! My husband and I are having difficulty getting straight answers from the power that be when we do get a hold of them at all. At the moment, I am still waiting for a call back from the Deputy Superintendent as to when we can meet in person. We have reached a definite point of frustration and are not sure how to proceed.

HELP!!!!!!