I just found this forum today and have been browsing. I'm hoping someone can give some suggestions or even a "hang in there".

My DD12 was tested at age 6 by a private psychologist. She was in a private school at the time, so no testing was offered by the school.

My DD12 was identified as gifted. Since then she has been identified as having ADHD, SPD, Dyslexia. She is also socially immature for her age.

She has always had problems in a traditional school setting- public school being more difficult for her than private. We have been homeschooling for almost 3 years now and for the most part she does well.

My problem is that she is not self-motivated at all. She hates math and thinks she can't do it, but in reality is able to understand the concepts just fine. Its a struggle to get her to complete assignments. Even with things that interest her, she will balk at doing anything "educational". If she smells even a whiff of education in a game, internet site, or book she doesn't want anything to do with it.

I'm a single parent who must work outside the home part-time. I'm not sure how to motivate her to get her schoolwork done. I've tried games, inserting activity breaks, bribes, consequences, appeal to her competitive streak, and other things.

I'm at a loss.