Go XH! Great job your two!

I love the letter, and the rational/
I would edit this part:
We further request that the Iowa Acceleration Scale be completed as a guide for Benjamin's educational planning. We feel that acceleration may be is in Benjamin's best interest and want to pursue academic acceleration using the Iowa Acceleration Scale. His reading is well advanced; his DRA level places him at the beginning of third grade. Benjamin's mathematics scores have been at or above the 98th percentile on all standardized tests given, with the exception of the MAP Math II; again, we believe this a much simpler problem of understanding what is being asked, rather than understanding the mathematical concepts behind the question. His social development is well on par with that of his peers, and he has no significant behavior issues. We formally request that this process begin now.

I'm assuming that the full skip is what you want, which may not be the case. You can always turn down the gradeskip, but using the IAS, they will see in much more detail how those test scores matter, and then they might be more open to providing multiple or radical subject accelertions in the future, if you want to go that way. My guess is that both a grade skip and eventual subject acceleration is the best match.

Yum, Yum - having my cake and eating it too! Remember, I was totally in the dark until 2nd grade, with behavior symptoms. I takes years, but hopefully you are off to an excellent start.

Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com