I homeschooled DS9 last year and sent DS6 to PS k. He wanted to go. The first half the year was heaven as he LOVEd school. Things quickly went downhill as the newness wore off and academics picked up. Teacher did a good job differentiating for him in reading and writing (great job!) but math was suffering. DS started complaining coupled w/ too much noise causing anxiety. Also, DS begged to be homeschooled as well saying how much he missed me. He's always been a mama's boy 8-) and needs lots of physical contact from me. He would be so worn out by the end of the day that our interaction was mostly negative. So I'm now HSing both.

I think with older kids, it can definitely work b/c they can understand fair doesn't mean identical. I explained to DS6 that he doesn't have to eat as much as DS9. Why? B/c he's younger and smaller. I do things w/ him that I don't do w/ DS9 b/c DS6 enjoys them and vice versa. He understood that and became ok w/ school again but still the noise was an issue as well as lack of challenge in math.

Dazey