Originally Posted by Trinity
So LMom,
It's great that his school is so open. Where do you get Math problems for him to do at home?

Do you want to switch him now?

Does his school have an older classroom?

Have you thought about a gradeskip for him?

Are there any other school that are possible?

Is homeschooling a possibility?

What is his personality? Does he just love his classmates? Love going to school? Act out? Work independently?

Is he reading? What kinds of books does he like to read/listen too?

We mostly come out with our own problems, usually during dinner smile Lately he has been doing a few problems in Singapore Math which I use as a reference. My husband and I are very good in math, we can support his math for long time college levels included.

I don't think we want to switch him in the middle of the year. His school goes higher and next year he would be in the 1st-3rd grade class. The grade span gives me hope that they could support him for another year even though his math will be out of that range. We could try to grade accelerate him right now but he would have to go full day and he is really against that. I need to sit down with the school principal and talk about it. It should be easier now when we have the numbers.

There are other schools we want to check but they are far from where we live. We will go and have a look though. There could be something else we are not aware of.

Homeschooling is a possibility. He loved his play based preschool last year but he doesn't care for his current school. He is ok in school but he acts out at home if his brain is not challenged. He works well independently and is self driven when it comes to things he is interested in. I guess on the paper he looks like a good candidate for homeschooling, I am just not sure we can be together all the time. We need breaks from each other.

He reads. He has been reading chapter books since the age of 3. Language is his relative weakness, mostly vocabulary. He is bilingual which according to the psychologist, is a reason for his relatively low numbers in this area. She expects his general language achievement and VIQ (his VIQ is still in gifted range) to go up and be more accurate around the age of 7.

Originally Posted by Trinity
Smiles,
Trinity - Who is in the process of changing her screen name to "Grinity"

LOL

LMom