I had mentioned on an earlier post that research gave me some insight into how high the standards for admittance into the Davidson Young Scholars program actually are. Here's the reference I pulled from the article "Pursuing Profound Possibilities" on this site at: http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10041.aspx:

"We use the term "profoundly gifted" to mean individuals with an extremely high level of intellectual precocity. These individuals are identified by demonstrating mastery of a significant amount of content in a particular domain, far beyond the norm for the child's age group, or by a score in the top .001% of their age-peers in a particular domain, as measured by an intelligence or achievement test."

Other references mentioned the "demonstration of ability to function at the level of a talented adult in a specific academic domain."

No surprise that the test scores on specific tests listed on the application are minimum criteria.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this program other than what I've read online or read here - just reprinting something that may be of interest to some of you.