Thanks for the replies.

Not sure what happened to the link, but here is another one: http://www.contedu.org/youth-programs/129-on-line-lego-elementary-engineering-for-kids

In case the link has a pb. again, here is the common class summary they all share:

--------------------------------------------
On-line Lego Elementary Engineering for Kids
Ages 8 and Older
This class is an on-line version of the ever popular Elementary Engineering. Once registered for this course, you will be sent a LEGO� kit with over 1,000 very advanced LEGO� parts and pieces. When you receive the kit in the mail, then you are ready to take the class. Yes, you keep the kit when the class is over! The class consists of engineering theory and instruction plus 6 very complex building exercises. This class is for the serious builder!
The class is 7 weeks in length. Your 7 weeks will begin when you register and pay for the class.
--------------------------------------------

I checked the Lego website, the education one, the engineering one, and a lot of resources online including Tufts univ, FLL, etc. None of them refers to that specific Engineering online class. The only thing I found is that maybe it's based on the Technology set, since it's one of the few basic Lego ed. sets with 1,000+ pieces.

I read the previous thread about Mindstorms, which is why I posted this one. My daughter has done some Lego robotics programming before, but I would like her to start with basic engineering this year, and later on do robotics.

Onthegomom: thanks for the NW link. I think I might consider that one next after the engineering class. Have you tried it, and what do you think of that new WeDo program from Lego? I get confused with all what you need, bricks box, software, applications, and how they are sold separately.

Dazey: thanks for the link and the info. What's your experience with the 3 sets you mentioned, and which one you think should be a good one to start with, for increasing challenge ?

Thanks a lot!
Max