Originally Posted by bh14
Believe me, I have been researching this since the kid was a baby! HAHA!

Um, Based on your learning curve, I would have to guess that your daughter would benefit from the YSP. I jokingly state that you can estimate a child's IQ from the number of books a mom reads during her first pregnancy. Your situation is a bit of a twist, but I think that the idea still holds. So crank out that application!

No, we haven't applied. We never had her take an IQ, just have all the state standardized test results (though we knew LONG before those). I could apply by portfolio, but haven't....yet wink. There is NO WAY I am having the school psych. test her as she seems a bit clueless.

If money is at all an issue, it can't hurt to have the school psych give it a try - a) it get your child out of the classroom for many hours, and b) with a little luck you will have at least a 'low estimate' of your child's IQ. The Achievement testing could help with your advocacy efforts.

So... it is what it is. I have bigger fish to fry with getting her what I feel she needs in school and that's where I focus all my energy at this point. SIGH! wink

I agree that the main focus has to be about getting DD's needs met in school. Go bh14! All of the above is just 'nice extras'

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com