You all are going to think I'm nuts, but please take this in the most lighthearted way, just for fun. I was just thinking about something that happened recently and, not that I necessarily "believe" in these things, but would it make sense that gifted kids, who may be more intuitive than average, would have a higher chance of having a connection to things like "spirits" and knowing things that are happening elsewhere, i.e., having certain "gifts"? (Does my question even make sense? I'm not sure what the accurate terms would be - help me here).

Last week, ds (3y4m) was sitting with me in my bedroom while I fed the baby. He sat in an upholstered chair in front of the tv, way over to one side of it, like squished against the side (there's nothing unusual about that). We were watching the news. Out of nowhere he said, "I'm sitting next to Grandpa." I asked him more about it and he was emphatic that he indeed was sitting next to Grandpa. Who died when ds was 4 months old. (His other grandfather, "opa", died before ds was born. So I don't know where he even gets the concept of Grandpa.) We haven't spoken of Grandpa in quite a long time. This was a couple days before the 3rd anniversary of his death, and coincidentally my mom called me a few days later to announce that she is getting married again (another story altogether - eek. My parents had been married for 43 yrs). I tested him - I asked ds what color shirt Grandpa was wearing, since my dad always wore a blue v-neck. "Mommy, it's a BIG shirt like Daddy wears!" Well, that would be appropriate. A little while later, I was telling the story to my visiting mother in law (who, by the way, is hispanic and comes from a long line of people seeming to have similar gifts, including herself and her daughter), and ds insisted that Grandpa was outside looking at the car. Again I asked what color shirt he was wearing, and he said "it's NOT blue!!" All I could do was laugh but then I got to thinking - ds often says words, talking to himself, that I am thinking about, to the point where I stop and ask myself if I said things out loud, and I'm sure I haven't. In this case, I was consciously testing, so I know I didn't say blue. (by the way, he knows colors very well)

(it would be just like my dad to want to eavesdrop on what was going on LOL. At first the whole thing felt weird, but now it's kind of comforting to think he could have been checking on his grandkids. Annoying to think he may have been spying on me the way he used to try to listen to my phone conversations when I was a teenager)

Anyone else with similar experiences, where your kids seem to know exactly what words you're thinking, or "see" things? (For the record, whenever the older kids, 6, 6 and 8, have asked me about the existence of ghosts, I have always said they're just pretend.)