After hearing lots of negativity about our choice I have a couple of answers to most of the questions I get now. I have used pretty much all of them with my family/in-laws.

Wolf is getting to go at his own pace and is SO excited about all he is learning.

He's actually getting a chance to be a kid rather than having to sit in a room all day, bored to death, learning nothing, grouped with kids he has very little in common with.

He gets lots of socialization. REAL socialization. Our current school model is totally alien to the actual human experience. Where else in your life are you forced to be in a room with 30 other people your own age for years at a time? Wolf gets to know kids of different ages and even gets to interact with adults who have similar interests. He has a much more well rounded social life than kids who go to conventional school.

Speaking of which if you ever hang out at playgrounds that are frequented by homeschoolers you'll notice that they will play nicely with kids of any age. What other environment do you see teenagers happily hanging out with younger kids and all of them actually getting something out of it?

As for dealing with family, I also barraged mine with articles and links. You made the decision, but there is TONS of research to back you up.