Originally Posted by sittin pretty
I'm sorry that I don't have anything constructive to add but I am curious to hear any techniques. I have two boys who talk non-stop too -even in their sleep!

Reminds me of when DH and I first got married. He reported that I talk in my sleep. Then he wise-cracked that he isn't sure why that surprises him. Apparently he feels that I talk a lot. I also sing and hum. I guess that is a form of Motor OverExcitability. I just wish I could loose weight from all that motor activity.

Anyway. I have no good ideas, but do try teaching him to touch type. See if they will let him text message to a journal during school hours. My grandfather taught me a fingerspelling alphabet, and that was fun for focused wiggling. I've heard that Extroverts talk to find out what they think. LOL, that sounds like me.

about 25% of the time, when i'm posting here, I have no idea what I'm going to say, and when my fingers clack the keyboard, I'm very thrilled at what comes out! Always nice to be suprised!

good luck, actually, I think that DS's self control clicked in at age 10. He learned to whistle on his 9th birthday, and kept it up nonstop for the whole year. Inhale and exhale.

Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com