I've got to report on the great time DD6 had at camp this year. grin She went to Univ. of Northern Colorado YCSEP (young child summer enrichment program). She has a wonderful time! The only complaint she had was that she could only do 4 classes and not all of them! The only thing that didn't go so well was that the residential part of the camp, for the older kids, had an outbreak of strep and the flu and since the programs shared teachers the health dept shut the whole camp down after the first week. frown
We live 5 hours away, so we drove up and stayed in a new dorm (nicer than most hotels I've stayed at) - in a suite with 2 bedrooms, a living room and private bath. It was a great decision for us, because the yc program is only in the mornings, so we spent the afternoons being tourists!
DD took Dawn of the dinosaurs, rainforest creations, once upon a time and digital photography. There were also classes in science, drama, language, cooking, water, math, and others I've forgotten.
The programs are divided up for 4 & 5 yr olds (they have the same teachers all morning and have a single course), then 1st-4th grades (with these kids picking from the same choices for classes, but being divided by gr 1&2 together and 3&4 together). Then there is the residential program for the gr 5-10s.
If you're looking for a program for next summer, I would highly recommend this one. We may even be going back, even though we'll not live in Colorado anymore it was so good!