It's been a great and amazing how fast it's flying by! I'm grateful for lots of ideas from this board which have enriched our summer.

We've spent quite a bit of time at the pool for swim team. DD7 completed her first kid's triathlon and got a medal to boot.

Summer reading has been going well. DD's were excited about free book rewards from the library and Barnes and Noble (read about that program here -- thanks!). They are also enjoying a program that combines reading and ponies. DD5 read her pony to sleep today (literally! flat out sprawled on the ground sleeping laugh ) and the older girl who was helping her was excited about how well she could read.

We've enjoyed working our way through the Number Devil (read about it here -- thanks!) Today DD7 completed a problem multiplying a 3 digit number by a 2 digit with regrouping and no mistakes. She's been understanding the process for a while but kept making little mistakes, so it was exciting to see her pull it all together.

Quite a bit of travel too so I have been (and will be) hit or miss with posting. Creating travel "journals" with notes jotted on the back of postcards, using a hole punch and slipping them on a binder ring.

DD7 has been doing theater camp after lobbying for it all year. Tonight she said she wishes there was an archeology camp so I'll have to see if that's an option for next summer.

This has turned into more of a brag post than I'd intended but you're like extended family who LIKE to hear this and not rolling you eyes, right? wink

P.S. I've also been reading Raising Your Spirited Child which I'd heard about here. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the recommendation. I cried and laughed reading the first chapter "Who is the Spirited Child."
It's hard to feel good as a parent when you can't even get his socks on, when every word you've said to him has been a reprimand, when the innocent act of serving pizza instead of the expected tacos incites a riot, when you realize you've left more public places in a huff with your child in five years than most parents do in a lifetime.
Check!

Last edited by inky; 06/30/09 07:52 PM. Reason: PS