ok you have invoked me again
I am just relieved to find out what FOK was. I was really worried in another strand.
I thought it was a meet the fokkers reference or something.

Fund of knowledge and "Whose" fund it comes from has been huge in criticism of testing in general.
I remember taking a test on street smarts or something in college to show us how bias can occur in test design.

Most IQ testing fund of knowledge was biased toward what relatively wealthy old white men thought educated people should know in 1950.

Being able to develop a fund of knowlege, i think correlates with overall intellegence. However the tests to measure it will be necessarily be biased in who decides what should be in a fund of knowledge.
If you always get the questions right in the entertainment or sports parts of Trivial Pursuit is that better or worse than the one who gets all the science or history questions.....?....

I think if you have a large fund of knowledge in any area or in general it speaks well for being able to continue to aquire and organize information. however i think being able to link things in a fund of knowledge takes more creativity and is a different type of intellegence. Being able to link facts and then draw new conclusions based on this linkage is different still and in my experience is the rarest ability.

I don't know of any tests to measure these kind of things, but then i'm confused after all smile

Trin is there any thing that does this?