Did you know that Fund of Knowledge is one of my favorite topics? Thanks for bringing it up!

It is true, unfortunatly, that the bigger ones FOK is, the more easy it is to make deposites in that fund.
It is also true, for "not 2E gifted" that their difference will help them increase their FOK even in a learning-hostile environment. Golly, if one were of a mind to, one could teach oneself to read just from advertisements.

I don't really know if 2E kids are somewhat of exceptions to this idea, but I think it varies more.

Anyway, Most of the difference between folks in IQ is inborn, but some (golly, I think it's around 5 points) relates to environment. Not all of this environment is parental teaching. In fact, I believe that the parental intervention is not about teaching at all. I would describe it more as "Parents who pay attention to their child, interact with them, do more of what makes them happy, create situations the parent thinks the child would enjoy exploring, and themselves have a large FOK that they use within the child's presence, while being activly interested in increasing their own FOK.

BTW, if you are here, you can pat yourself on the back for activly increasing your own FOK. ((happy dance)) In some ways this is the worst kind of deposit to make to the FOK, because one doesn't have to just add new ideas, one also has to dig around in the sometimes blocked and painful memories AND/OR chuck out big chunks of misinformation.

What Fun!

(I'm not being sarcastic, although it's painful, It's heavenly delightful, for me at least!)

Gotta Dance!
Trinity-Sophia

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com