Originally Posted by junior
I'm sure you can all relate, but DS is often misunderstood, even by well-meaning adults. If people don't go out of their way to listen to him, he just sounds very odd or intimidating. A year ago when he was just starting to get interested the solar system, his babysitter said, "do you know which planet man has ever landed on?" (eager to teach him something new) DS: "...no, you tell me." babysitter: "the moon!" DS: "The moon is a planet???" The babysitter was confused and embarrassed. That's when he was only two!

JR -
Yes we have BTDT!
Excersise great caution in exposing a boy like this to the school system. IF you think you are worn out now, just imagine if you had to nurse him back to health after a bad school experience.Boys like this can be seriously targeted in a school environment.

I would say to see if you can structure some regular DH-DS-DS time so you get a break ASAP.

A casual "drop off Mommies Day off" that consentrates on babysitting might be best. Can you hire a substitute Grandmother or Grandfather to show him how to rake the leaves or garden or build something?

I'm thinking that a phone call to Northwestern to look for possible playmates might help. It is so touching when they can finally be themselves. It isn't "only" Introversion. I'll ask around for testers.

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com