I am working on my list of questions to ask the neuropsychologist when we go back to get the results of my son's tests. I think the test results will be consistent with the developmental pediatrician's diagnosis of dyspraxia because they were still testing him when he was tired and that is when some of his issues are easier to see. I just needs something on paper so that we can get any accommodations he might need like extra time on fill in the bubble tests, etc.

I also want to get her opinion on making him stay in Boy Scouts.

So far, my son says he only has one big question--Why? She said she would talk to him privately and answer his questions.

My biggest question is about creating new neural pathways. I still don't understand how this works. I mean, I know how it is supposed to work, but I am seeing different results than what I would expect. For example, my son has always practiced writing D's correctly. The way I understand it, there should be a clear neural pathway and no roadblocks to writing the D. What I still don't understand is how he still, at age 11, writes letters backwards occasionally and why, even though he has had a lot of practice, he still writes so slowly. I have never understood the inconsistent motor performance. I have spent hours online trying to figure this out. I am so looking forward to finding some answers.