"I know he mentioned a few times during the breaks in the testing that he felt my DS was bored. Could this result in a slightly lower test score?"

I can tell you from personal experience that can be true. When my DS5 was tested, he scored quite well on the subtests that he found interesting, but did not do well on the subtests that he found boring. In fact, he told the tester during a few subtests that he felt they were boring, and being only 5, she had to redirect him to get him to "engage" again and continue testing. She wrote in her report that she felt the FSIQ obtained from the test was probably a bit low because of this (i.e., he just didn't do his best because he didn't like the test and found it boring).

Did you have an achievement test done for your son at the same time as the WISC IV? If not, maybe you could ask the school to give him one (if that's possible)? It would be interesting to see what his grade levels for math and reading are. He may be bored in school and that could explain some of the social problems. Or, he can have a higher IQ than what the test results show, and maybe he's very asynchronous in his development, so his social skills have not "caught up" with his cognitive skills. I'm no expert here (trying to figure out some of the same things with my son!) - but just hoping to give you a few ideas.