There is a state organization here called Massachusetts Association for Gifted Education. However, I sent in my donation (membership) and now none of the emails or the yahoo group listed actually work. Anyone familiar with this organization?

My second question - I read the information on Davidson Young Scholar's Program and it sounds fantastic. As it stands now my DS just misses being eligible. I asked before about the qualifications of the tester being important and got a resounding "Yes!" The Wisc IV was administered by a very competent child counselor but not one familiar with gifted children/education. He seemed kind of "tickled" with how well my son did leaving me the impression he was not used to those kind of scores at all. I know he mentioned a few times during the breaks in the testing that he felt my DS was bored. Could this result in a slightly lower test score? I know if he is bored he doesn't put much effort in and I wonder if he might gain those few points he needs to qualify for the DYS if he is tested by someone who specializes in gifted children. ON the flip side I spent my entire tax refund on the test and it would be quite a hardship to pay for a retest unless it can really make a long term difference to my DS such as qualifying for the DYS. Any thoughts are much appreciated. Sorry for rambling. And thanks to all you seasoned veterans who probably answer the same questions for us "newbies" over and over. I honestly do search to see if anyone has asked the same questions but of course it never quite fits.