Thank you for the resource. I will look into that avenue. He says although he is slow at it, that he likes typing better than writing.
As for the math packets, they were done with the book 3-4 weeks before the end of school, he took their ISATS and CBM etc and scored at the top, 100 on CBM, but were made to do math packets to occupy their time. I found out 3 weeks of math had been done in the packet, before they notified me in the last week of school that he wouldn't go to field day because he had only done one problem on the first of four packets - each with 12 pages.
I took all four packets home that day and he finished them - all 48 pages, so he could go to field day. The teacher promptly gave him another packet, to which I told him not to bother doing. The first four had repeat pages in the packets and were all review. I think it was a punishment.
I am not sure if his 'math' issue is do to these stupid packets and now he hates them/math, or if it is the writing on them that bothers him so much. He tells me he loves math and he scored a 98% in arithmethic on his IQ test. Can't tell if it is an eye thing or defiance. I don't blame him if it is either one. I just don't think they get him. I have since pulled him from the school and he is entering the gifted program.