thanks for your comments.

Mostly i don't really worry about how gifted. I just try to meet her where she is that day or that moment even. She can go from acting age three to 16 to 47 in lighting speed sometimes and she can worry about some of the wierdest things.
I'm lucky that she still talks to me about how she feels but I don't know how long that will last as she ages.

however all the talk about testing and scores and stuff on this board kind of got me thinking about what i might be missing or not providing for her. If she is more than a little gifted, am i doing it wrong? should i get more for her? require more from her?

She definitely has overexcitabilities that are almost overwhelmming to me and her.
Once when she was 4 I was hurrying her walking to get somewhere on time and she made me stop and look at the sunset It was gorgeous. I looked down and she was crying a little and i asked her why and she said i was because it was so beautiful and she got to share it. she told me it was nice to slow down and look at beauty and we didn't have to hurry so much...

I think alot of her asynchonous development is at least partly related to dealing with overexcitabilities. that is why i didn't readily accept the add diagnosis it was largely based on questionares from a teacher who didn't like her.

I am glad other peoples kids play with younger kids too. I was afraid it was an immaturity thing and that younger kids are easier to boss around. I can see that they are more likely to engage in imaginative play and that may be the appeal.

Trinity i don't think she will be ready for the SAT for a while. with the new writing component, she would freak out. and they won't score the test without it. She got accomodations for the scat with extra time ( she only used about 10 min extra, but it relieved the pressure of time) and a separate room for testing. Since it was on the computer the dysgraphia didn't enter into it. I don't think it is very easy to get use of keyboarding for the SAT.
the OG/Barton is helping with her phonemic awareness, but that will take a while to really be remediated.