Thanks. The school seems to want him out but not to homeschooling. The private assessment person was the one to suggest homeschooling and she was not connected to the school. It was actually a relief to hear because I've tried for over a year to make it work and I've made no progress. It's too painful to send him to public school and then try to homeschool in the evenings.

Kickball - the gifted coordinator, who told me DS7 wasn't her concern until 4th grade, suggested trying to transfer to the neighboring (more wealthy) district. It's not even a possibility so it wasn't very helpful except to make friends in that district feel better about their expensive house.

I'm still amazed that there are so many of us out there with similar issues. Now that I've been trying to figure out how to help DS for so long, I'm feeling better about HSing. We are still looking into private for next year but as you can probably tell, I'm confused and need to investigate options for extended periods of time before making a change.