Is the math schedule going to be the same for next year? No matter what? The school actually did some rearranging of the schedules for my DD9's partial day. We are riding the fence again and won't know anything until 2 weeks before school starts. They closed one elementary as of the end of this school year so we don't know what, if any, changes that may bring.

I would certainly present all your options if you need to. The school was perfectly aware, in a very nice way, that I wouldn't consider putting my DD9 back in classes that wouldn't meet her needs. They knew I would homeschool if needed (was already). When they agreed that they couldn't meet her needs the principal jumped at the chance to put her in on a partial day, once I suggested it. My DD9 is the first child that the district has allowed to do a partial day at this level.

Right now we are trying to get some classes approved from the Michigan Virtual University. Approved through the school district that is. The state laws say she should be able to take the classes and the school district should pay, the school district says no until she reaches chronological age. If your school is open maybe something like that would work?

They have been so open up until now to accomodate your son maybe they will still be willing to if given the chance? What does your state law say regarding gifted needs? I'd do as much research as possible and then go in with an open mind. Keeping fingers crossed for you son!

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader