Thanks for the suggestions.

I've talked with the gifted coordinator for our public school system. After describing my son to me, her response was that they really couldn't help us. She told me that in our district, the elementary teachers are pretty untrained in working with gifted kids, and that there is no funding to train them. There is no enrichment program or in class differentiation, for the most part. Our of the three 2nd grade teachers at our home school, only one of them does anything to add enrichment or differentiation. The gifted coordinator did suggest other public school systems that might be able to help us. She wasn't being mean, just honest.

We are looking at other public school systems. I've talked to the GT for the school system that was recommended to us by a friend. I've also talked with teachers and parents in my hometown's school system. I have a tour scheduled with another local public school in two weeks in another town.

Part of the reason for seeing the psychologist for testing is to determine where we can place DS#1 in the public school systems that are available. (If we move. If we can move in this housing market.)