Hi Trout. I agree with most of what's already written, Especially Dottie, that the school is honestly attempting to do the right thing. Volcano Mom: Playdates with the older children,, and Dazey's brilliant idea about the afterschool chats.

I do have a comment on this:

Originally Posted by Trout
And that because it is "child-led" she will be accelrated when she is "truly ready."

In addition, they asked us to not tell her, to not encourage her to "go up" so it will be authentically her choice

I have two daughters who are opposite. DD9 would be DYING to go into the other classroom, but is painfully leary of any kind of scrutiny. She would never, never, ever get up and go on her own accord, especially at that age.

Then there is DD6. I would be afraid for her to go to your school, she'd be running the place in a month! I'm sure she would attempt to child lead them into allowing them all to ditch read and relax and watch movies all day and nothing but chocolate bars for lunch! I'm afraid if they attempted to have her eat a nutritous lunch, it would not be authentically her choice. shocked grin

I'm wondering with all the different ideas about acceleration if they don't want to be responsible for *harming* her by *pushing* her. Perhaps you can feel that out and if that's the case, there are several approaches you can take to "let them off the hook" for that.

Good luck!

Neato