Originally Posted by Isa
So according to that, a child who is chronologically 4-5 years old but mentally much older, 7+ should made quite elaborate and acurate drawings of persons (appart the actual 'execution' which is related to fine motor skills which are more dependent on chrono-age).

Woof. I can use myself as an example here. I tested into the gifted program in HS (IQ=?; they only told me 99+).

If you were to guess my IQ from my drawing ability at age 4, you would have thought I was, umm...well, downright dumb.

I drew people with circles for heads. Their legs came straight out of their heads, and their arms came out of their legs. My big detail was to draw circles on the legs (knees).

I mostly drew these masterpieces in my mother's books. She begged me not to, but somehow, I was just drawn to them (!).

My drawing ability is probably -2SDs (no joke)! I've always wished I could draw. Many people have tried to teach me, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't do it.

My DS9 (IQ unknown but skipped a grade and very good at math) drew elaborate pictures of me (hair, wearing a dress, etc) in pre-K. He was better then than I am now. He can render things beautifully.

Oh well!

Val