Thank you for your post! "tormented" is the word that most describes my son. It hurts me that he seems so tormented all the time. He also takes a LOOOONG time to go to bed. Drives me nuts. We have got it down to about an hour process.

We recognized the OCD as early as 2 yrs old. I really appreciate hearing from someone with ocd that has found ssri's so helpful. I am 99% sure we will go ahead with it, but it is scary for me. We have our 2nd opinion appointment on 5/4. If this psychiatrist agrees with the therapist's diagnosis, than he will prescribe the meds.

A co-worker of mine is in her 50's & on ssri's. She said she wishes her mom or someone would have recognized her problem when she was a child. She said that if she would have been on ssri's from a young age, she would have become the Dr. she was meant to be. Of course, these drugs have only been available for about 8 yrs, so that was not an option for her.

I would love to hear more from you, Rachelle27. Any other info you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks!!