Oh, how I admire you all. We didn't grade skip our DD9. My mother skipped a grade and hated it socially, my husband skipped a grade and it wasn't great socially either. Then, the "experts" talked about the usuals - their peers will have driver's licenses and they won't, they won't start puberty at the same time, etc., and we listened to it all. So, we didn't skip DD9. Now, we are scrambling to keep her occupied. She does a one day a week pull out - which is not challenging, and she takes an online gifted class each quarter. We are still pulling our hair out.

Here comes DD5 now. She is a little shy, and doesn't want to skip K, and so we probably won't. What is she going to do all year? We aren't sure - but the school will pull her out for gifted time with a resource instructor and she'll go to the gifted program one day a week. I keep reading everyone's stories and wondering what decisions we should make - it is helpful.

For my unschooled opinion, I would try skipping one year and seeing how it goes from there. The Mighty Dottie seems correct, in my opinion, skip just one year now with subject acceleration if possible, and tweek as time goes on.