My DS6 did very well on the SB-V at age 4 years 9 months--well enough to qualify for DYS. One of my fears is that retesting on the WISC-IV in a year or two might be significantly lower and put me back in a GT denial. smile

I also have two younger children--DD is actually 4 years 10 months right now. Since she doesn't fully read yet and is much more artistic than academic I haven't had the desire to get her tested. I think I may have her tested on the SB-V before she turns 6 just to see if she can qualify for DYS. I know she is gifted but I know that achievement wise she is not where DS6 was at this age because her interests are so much different than his. She is also much more compliant and thrives with the repetition in her current Montessori classroom. She is advanced in math but definitely avoids the language arts right now.

Also to comment on the Quantitative Reasoning subtests--DS6 is pretty mathy and scored 147 (99.9th%) on that subtest with an 18 in non-verbal and 19 in verbal. He actually scored 4 more raw points than needed for that 19 in verbal. In the words of his tester--he nailed it! smile

Crisc