Originally Posted by Lori H.
My 10 year old son says funny things that sometimes take me a few minutes to get. Sometimes I can't stop laughing and I am somewhere where you are supposed to be quiet and he will say something like "Mom, are you okay? It really wasn't that funny." and he will look at me with a serious look on his face and tell me that it might help to bite my tongue and if that doesn't work, and then he gets an even more serious look on his face and puts his hands on my shoulders, he says very seriously "think about the stimulus package."

His humor is not limited to wordplay. He uses accents and sometimes different voices and physical humor and acts out funny improv things that he makes up and he does not break character, even though he is looking them straight in the eye and they are laughing.
Lori-
That's "my" DS10 you're talking about!! We were just on vacation driving around(for a long time) looking for a restaurant when our DS broke into a spur of the moment improv(with accent) and he kept going & going while we were driving & driving!

A few years back my DS was at my Mom's and when I called to check on him he answered the phone with a french accent acting like I called a restaurant instead. He would not break character and "I'm embarrassed to admit" he had me going for awhile thinking I misdialed.

I asked him if he ever does his characters for his friends and he said no, that they wouldn't think it was funny. He said he works instead on seeing if he can make me and his dad laugh.