Originally Posted by esperanza
Ruf's scale, test results, and all other ways of trying to quantify intelligence can be helpful. But I'm always reminding myself not to overemphasize that information, or view it apart from the holistic picture of my child.

I totally agree with this statement. I do think that having these results, scales and quantifications of intelligence are very important and necessary for us to know and understand as parents. Knowing your child is very smart is quite different than knowing your child is profoundly gifted and so I am glad to see there is a way of recognizing and understanding the levels of giftedness. I am finding that the more I read the more I understand some of my dd's behaviors and ways of looking at the world in general. It has also helped me to advocate for her, to make sure she is getting the enrichment that she not only needs but desires.

I really wish more was done in the schools to educate teachers to recognize and appropriately address the different levels of giftedness that exists. So much attention and focus is on children that are below average. Teachers are considerably more versed in the varying degrees of underachieving students. While this is absolutely valuable to those kids I'd love to see the same attention to detail when it comes to high achieving students. (did that make sense? my 2 yr old keeps running past me roaring like a dinosaur! I cant focus!) haha....