Hi,

My daughter easily met or exceeded all of the listed milestones for �Summary of Level Four Gifted� on pages 158-159 of �Losing Our Minds�. Our son exceeded all of the same milestones, but only met approx. 50% of milestone for �Summary of Level Five Gifted� on pages 192-193. As for the more subjective part,many of the �anecdotes� describing what different level children were interested in, said and made did not astonish my husband and I as we considered what our own kids were doing at those same ages.

However, I have mentioned before that it is easier to see the difference between gifted kids and bright kids when they are toddlers and in pre-school. My (2E) daughter does not usually hit the 99th percentile on nationally normed tests (IQ or achievement) any longer although she presents as a (slightly) stronger student on report cards than her YS brother.

Unfortunately, I can�t imagine many schools consider early milestones as significant evidence for early placement decisions, although, I think they should.