Hi Mia, Oh I wasn't offended in any way, was just more curious as to why so many people had viewed my thread (is that what you call them here?) and yet had not posted,, I'm still getting used to realising that I am gifted and not as stupid as people in my past have led me to believe,, I tend to think everyone is smarter than I am.

I still don't "get it" how come the lower scores don't pull the overall full-scale IQ down?
for a while I thought I might have been scammed cause the results differed so much from the "reality" I experience when around other people, although I agree with the tests when compared to how I feel when I am on my own and just doing my thing.

Whats perceptual organisation good for in real life though? I see the words but don't have any "pictures or connections" within me that say oh,, that means I can do this or I can do that,,, and so on, they are pretty much just meaningless words to me when trying to connect them with real life (esp jobs that would suit the gifts)

I really don't know enough about dyslexia to comment on if I see it in real life much,
as a child I would sometimes walk into a shop and swear black and blue that the way home was the exact wrong way, it was like someone had turned the world around while I was in the shop, hehe
and I have to watch numbers when I write them down as I do catch myself out transposing numbers from time to time, letters too but thats to a much lesser extent.
sometimes my mind goes too fast for what I am writing and I find myself writing the first letter to the next word before I have even finished writing the previous word,, but that doesn't sound like dyslexia to me,,
but then I really don't know enough about what dyslexia would "look" like in real life to recognise it within myself,, I could read the descriptions of it till I am blue in the face and still not be able to recognise many of the signs that I might actually be displaying.
I relate so much better to stories that "capture" the concepts of the signs in real life activities than I would relate to the sequentially based descriptions of them (if thats the right term to use in this case)

All I know is many people tell me I am living on another planet and yet they refuse to explain what makes them say that!
It's very frustrating when someone tells you there is something wrong about you and then refuses to explain what makes them think that!

How would I go about looking within myself for any hidden learning abilities so I can be sure I am not compensating with my gifts to fool the tester into thinking I don't have any dissabilities?
I think thats something I just naturally think everyone does,, like mind reading or realising what the answer "should be" , I thought everyone did that!
My boss told me that she feels I was dishonest in the interview since I replied to hypothetical questions with the answers that just popped into my head,,, but everyone does that don't they?

I only have a problem when I have been in pain or am stressed and the answers no longer just pop into my head, I have a neck injury and after the last surgery it took a long time to get back to firing on all cylinders and a nasty woman at work took full advantage of my weakness and exposed it rather than giving me support. but thats another story.
sorry, I do ramble on a bit ,,, just trying to work it all out really.