Hi Ania,

Did you talk/email the moderator? I'm interested in high school topics too, so let me know what happens.

I've been looking into the APEX learning online classes (physics and AP physics are offered and they're pretty reasonably priced). Also, the University of Missouri High School has online Gifted and AP classes (including physics and pre-calc), also at good prices. Maybe Ghost would be interested in trying those? The EPGY pre-calc class is only one semester long. Geometry is 2.5 semesters, which of course makes me wonder what our high school kids are missing when ours is only 2 semesters.

There's an article in the Wall St Journal today ranking AP vs. IB courses. We don't have the IB choice here, but I still find it interesting.

My DS11 took AMC8 yesterday and said it was a lot of fun (I was SO happy to hear that because he's normally a bit lazy academically even though he's amazingly bright). I think I told you that Math Kangaroo is during our Spring Break, so teachers aren't able to do it this year. I asked them to look into Rocket City Math. I wish we had a Math Club like the one you're doing. My DS9 in taking an AoPS class and I'm so excited to see him actually THINK--it's early on, but it has already done wonders for his self-esteem. Thanks for recommending it!