This mail is probably going to highlight my deficiencies as a parent who can take care of a child's emotional needs and then again what are anon forums with helpful (for which i am grateful as ever) folks for anyway :-)

DD8.5 has been constantly complaining of another boy9 in the class bragging about being very good academically to the point that it hurts her and her classmates a lot.
For eg: DD missed one math question in mock EOG and B9 got it right and so he went around rubbing it in everyone's face in class.And stuff like this happens every day without fail!
The whole class seems to be in awe of his abilities as much as they hate his personality.

DD says "ma, it is very hurtful when he does that everytime he talks to me" I asked her to stay away from the kid ..not communicate at all. But seemingly there is no escaping the child.
She has tried to reason and talk to him to no avail.
I really really dont want to bring this up with the rather overprotective, belligerent big hen.
DD says "if you want me to stop telling you all this I wont but we have emotions ma. It is not possible not be affected by them".

The teacher is aware of the kid's shortcomings but is scared to do much for fear of incurring parents' wrath. She doesnt feel the need to reign him in especially since the child is gifted, the school new, they seek the keep the child in the school etc, etc.

I feel helpless ..this seems like the first emotional issue she has thrown at me and I am at my wits end.
I will gratefully accept any suggestions the forum folks might have.
(If it matters, DD and the kid arent miles apart gifted spectrum wise.!)
(And for those curious..yes this is the same child as on the other thread-"social context").
Thanks