Shelly,

My DS was very much the same way. He used to nag me about math and numbers. It got to the point that in order to maintain my sanity I had to give him something. I signed him up for Time4Learning. He could go at his own pace, do a lot or a little and skip around to subjects he enjoyed. When DS entered K, he tested into 5th grade in math. I'm sure T4L had a lot to do with it. But on the other hand, had I not done it he would have still tested significantly higher than K so in my mind it doesn't matter.

I've been asked on several occasions to recommend curriculum to friends. I've always been sort of disinclined to do so for one reason. I don't know if the curriculum is really good or if it's just the fact that DS has an inate sense of all things math and he can figure it out whether it's a good book or a bad one. It will be the same way for your DS when he starts school. He'll have to be accelerated and he'll figure alot of things out for himself. New methods for things he already knows etc.

If he really is as much like my DS as I think he is, you can't slow him down. Trying will just frustrate him and drive you crazy.

Shari
Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!