Hi all! This is my first post here though I've been reading for a little while. smile

We just had my DD7 tested. She is having some behavioral issues in school that we thought might be ADHD and/or anxiety. She is also in the GT screening pool for our school district's GT program (starts in 3rd) and we wanted to have back up scores in case she does not make the first cut. We felt this was necessary because her scores on the school's screening tests, the CogAT and NNAT, were uneven (perfect score on NNAT and 94th%tile composite for CogAT).

WISC IV:

Verbal Comprehension 146
Perceptual Reasoning 139
Working Memory 113
Processing Speed 112
FSIQ 138

VCI:
Similarities 18
Vocab 19
Comprehension 16
(Information) 16

PRI:
Block Design 16
Picture Concepts 15
Matrix Reasoning 18
(Picture Completion) 8

WMI:
Digit Span 12
Letter-Number Sequencing 13
(Arithmetic) 15

PSI:
Coding 9
Symbol Search 15
(Cancellation) 11

The psychologist said she does not have ADHD but the gap between her VCI/PRI and WMI/PSI scores probably caused her great frustration in school. Also she could benefit from more differentiation, but the school claims they are already differentiating as much as they can before the GT program.

The psychologist recommended she see a therapist to help with her behavioral issues (which she says are due to neurological and self-regulatory immaturity) and an OT to help with controlling her reactions to stimuli and help with the writing.

I'm wondering if anyone else's kid has had a similar score profile and what their kid's school experience looked like. I worry that in the GT program they will expect the kids to be fast workers and while she is fast perceptually and cognitively, not so much on the writing.

Mom to DD9 and DD3