Thank you, all, thank you! I'm so proud of him, and so happy that he's gotten the opportunity to grow this year. If he'd stayed at his public school, he'd be doing a bunch of double digit addition, no doubt, which he's been doing in his head for three years! Poor kid, I'd've smacked someone too. blush

Jojo -- we do have one of the Murderous Maths books -- "The Phantom X". Ds thought it was a riot, but I think it's just a bit above him still! I like the multiplication trick, I've never heard that one; ds is to the point where he needs to know his facts automatically, but that's a great one. I'll remember it -- thanks! I'll look into that book too, sounds right up his alley.

Originally Posted by incogneato
You rock!

I don't know about that! I still feel like the lazy parent for not sticking with the advocacy. Who knows -- maybe in first grade the attitude of the teachers and principals would have suddenly blossomed into deep understanding of the needs of PG kids. (Hee hee!) I feel like I took the easy way out by moving him to private! And now we have to wait for financial aid decisions, which is a giant nail-biter ... there's no way he's staying there without a hefty helping of financial aid, which is nerve-wracking.

Tracey -- I think I heard the graph paper tip on this board! grin I thought it was brilliant. I just googled "graph paper print out" and I got a whole bunch of options -- I think I went with the 1/2 inch size to give him room to write. And Grinity -- *great* idea with the notebook paper! I may have him graduate to that once he's got some concept of sizing.

smile I'm happy for my kid!

Mia