Dottie, your analysis was so very clear, do you mind if I credit you (and this wonderful forum set-up the Davidson Institute has provided as a public service), and simply re-write your data into a chart? Then the review committee can check it out for themselves. Indeed, I certainly want to include a cover sheet on that study report to make sure they take note!!!

Yes, we have the WJ-III ACH scores, a whopper from several years ago when DS was turning 6 (the older, super high norms, with fall-off-your-chair scores), and then recent WJ-III ACH numbers much lower, but still over the benchmark in Total ACH and Broad Math. I realize that the new Compuscore 3.0, or whatever, yields much lower scores. Plus DS's ACH scores have dropped in the past years due to lack of accelerated work (no gifted program at all). I guess I'll have one of those applications that looks like a cry for help! A "Get us out of here before it gets worse!" kind of thing :-)

My biggest concern for the application is, and always has been, lingering residua of my son's disability, which sometimes shows itself in things like Comprehension subtests, which supposedly aren't possessed with the highest loadings of "g", but still get a healthy dose.

But sending an ASD kid into the WISC-IV Comprehension subtest, with all its emphasis on pragmatics and common sense knowledge, and, God forbid, social interpretation, is kinda like sending a lamb to the slaughter. You just know it won't turn out well, a priori. It isn't like it measures regular reading comprehension, which my son races through without a stumble. And Arithmetic subbed for Digit Span is common in the 2E community. BTW, doesn't Linda Krieger Silverman recommend the latter substitution for all gifted but the math-phobic? Thought I read that somewhere....

Just gotta send it all in, and hope for the best, I guess!

My genuine thanks, once again,

Advocate

Last edited by Advocate; 03/31/09 11:53 AM. Reason: typo/thinko