Hello! I'm newly registered on this forum (after lurking for months), and I'm hoping the resident scoring experts can help me out with a somewhat theoretical question:

If all four of a child's WISC-IV Broad Indices are at the 99'th percentile, what would be the minimum Full Scale IQ? Can this be determined? Would there be the minimum 160 points needed to clear the 145 (99.9%) hurdle?

I must confess this question is not just theoretical for us. A full year before my son tested above the magic 99.9 percentile on the WISC-IV, he participated in a study through which the WISC-IV was administered, but we had waived our rights to specific scores in order to participate and have disability assessments administered for free. We were given only the percentiles of the Broad Indices at that time.

I'm now wondering if it is possible my son cleared that hurdle a full year before we knew for sure he could. If so, submitting the study report (along with the other WISC-IV report) might make our DYS application stronger.

Thanks in advance for any scoring information you might have for me. I appreciate it!!!

Advocate