Hi Jen,
I dk why schools are not open to partial skips or pull outs for certain subjects. I completely understand. I will be in the same boat in sept when we switch to public. I really dk what to expect. I am hoping my DS6 can be pulled out for math or reading or simply given different work. I dk what will happen. For my DS skipping will not be good. He is w/8 year olds now and is having issues. He knows he will go to a new school in sept and he said he had a dream there will be 8 year olds and they will tease him. I am going to put him w/kids his age. I dk what wil happen w/the academics. Your sons Art teacher is clueless if she thinks all kids are gifted. All kids are special in there own way. But come on all kids are not on the same level academically. If a 12 year old was forced to do 5 year old work that would be horrendous right?
Why are our kids supposed to be forced then to do work they did years ago. That is what gets me everytime. Why is it ok for our kids to just sit there and learn nothing. UGH!! I could go on and on and on LOL!