He doesn't hate making hands on art, actually he loves it! he just doesn't have any skill. And on top of it, he is two years younger then the rest of the kids....

So his stuff looks bad. I look and giggle.... I always smile to him and we talk about what he makes, we are encouraging.

Her expectation is that he will have the skill of a 3rd grader. We have discussed this.

As far as the absences go, she will not give me the work for him to do at home. She is not willing to work with us.

She has told me that she was against the grade skip because she felt it was unwarranted because there is no such thing as gifted. "All children are gifted" her exact words.

However, when we discussed the grade skip I was pushing for a partial grade skip, basically for this very reason..... I was assured this was not an issue.

So really her and I are on the same side, if they had done what they should have in the first place and looked for other alternatives.... maybe put a class of gifted kids together or at least explored on-line classes. Then we wouldn't be here now.