Hi.

We have had to pay for all I.Q. testing. However, we did get very important assessment information through our insurance, which included a myriad of other testing.

Our daughter was seen by an educational psychologist (PhD type) after the initial school district evaluations when we were concerned that she was mentally checking out of school due to under-challenge following retention in K (for age) in addition to 2E clues. The report prepared by the school psychologist was illogical and sarcastic. Our doctor discussed this issue with the insurance and convinced them to allow us to have her seen by an expert.

The doctor also managed to bypass the waste of time (and conflict of interest) of dealing with the district, allowing our son (and daughter) to be seen directly by a developmental pediatrician when his school brought up issues of ADHD. She probably would have ordered I.Q. testing, but we had current results that she believed �fit�.

We were told that usually the insurance requires the parents to pursue the school district testing before they will step in. However, in the case of my son, the Dr. convinced the insurance provider that since our family had a valid grievance with the district team, we should be allowed to skip that step. Hurray for assertive doctors!