My major in college was Linguistics, but honestly, I hated it and regret choosing it. I did not learn anything in it. The only reason I did not change it was because I chose my major late in my college career to begin with, (at the end of the second year) without having taken classes in it before the end of the second year at all. And since I wanted to graduate on time, I did not change it.

Now as for the degree to which my CP affects me. I have mild to moderate spastic diplegia, meaning that both of my legs are very tight and there is slight spasticity in my arms too (but the main effect is in my legs). I walk on my own two feet without any aids, however I limp and have a characteristic gait. Obviously, I am horrible at sports but I can go about my life relatively normally. As for speech, I have no impairment at all. So, there is just the physical effect and a learning disability.

I don't have a driver's license (and don't know if I'll ever get one since I am not confident in my ability to master driving) but I live in NYC so as long as the job is in the city, I can use public transportation.

I currently volunteer at Cerebral Palsy of NYS (however, I swear my CP had nothing to do with my ending up there.). It's basically an agency that services people with mental retardation and motor impairment through group homes, day centers and clinics. I volunteer in their central office doing menial clerical tasks: filing, alphabetizing, data entry, photocopying and faxing. However, I feel that while I can do this, I don't cognitively master the job as well as I'd like and am thus very discouraged. I also feel like I overstayed my welcome there and people are giving me hints that it's time to move on. Also, there is no chance of my getting a paid job there and I don't feel that's the best place for me to work at. Basically, I need to put my life in some definitive direction, since things are hanging on a limbo. I am being supported by my parents and social security disability but what if my parents are gone prematurely? I am 24 years old and really need some future.