Hi Kelsoren -
Welcome ((big smile))!

I only have one child, so I can't speak from experience, but joining Davidson will help your daughter as much as your son, because it's Parent Support as much as anything else! You can join the parenting email lists and talk to lots and lots of Moms and (and a few wonderful dads!) who will give you lots of support, information and BTDT experience - that will help BotH your children. Many families have some of their children YS and some not. Last month one of the Families opened their home to 6 local families for a potluck and games - all the children in all the families were invited. There are things for the YS kids to do, but you never have to tell that to your son or your daughter. I encourage you to join up, take what you like and leave the rest. Lots of discussion and resouces that are provided to your son would benifit your daughter.

As far as what to do for now - say more about your children, their ages, what they like, socially and intellectually, what you main worry is about them, what other books you have read, how they are with eachother. What bothers them.

Tell about your "relationship with the gifted identity." How's your family reacting to all this? Your childhood experiences will color how all this looks. Is homeschooling an option? Private schools?

Welcome to the role of Advocate for kids with Gifted Issues. I did notice that there is a gifted magnet school. I'd strongly suggest you made a lot of friends there, on the assumption that either of your children may be read to start any year now. Does anyone there know local resources for Highly and Profoundly gifted children? There is a link to the Ruff article on one of the other discussions that teases out the differences amoung "gifted children." You may be able to find local mentors amoung the parents who send their children to the local gifted magnet school, or afterschool activites that your kids would enjoy. Good luck!

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com