Yes - I agree with you totally. It's never mattered to me about the test scores. The teacher/District is inflicting this test score thing with my daughter. I've talked to my daughter and she's not afraid of "Failing" the test, she's afraid of not being in SAGE anymore. She LOVES this program. She usually doesn't get worried about tests - I've never seen it until NOW! Now, she has something to lose.

I'm from Arizona and we have AIMS testing that you have to pass before you can graduate High School. Unfortunately it also grades the schools' performance and they get in trouble if they are under performing. The District and the School both feel that the "Gifted" kids should excell on these tests. My daughter always excells on the AIMS but a lot of the other SAGE children don't - they only meet the requirements. Every time we have a Phys. come and talked with our group the question is always brought up why the gifted kids don't excel on this test. The Phys. always explains it very well. It pretty much boils down to Boredom. The test is too easy and the kids have nothing to lose if they don't pass - therefore they don't try. They always ensure us that by the time the kids HAVE to have it to graduate (highschool) they will pass with flying colors - because then they will actually try.