How about this? 3 weeks ago I gave GS9 a written permission slip stating he had my permission to stop seeing the (trainee)counselor at school. 2 weeks ago, every. single. one. of. his. teachers. AND counselor. showed up at our scheduled parent/teacher conference, trying to make their case that GS9 MUST keep seeing said counselor. Sheesh, I wish they were half as concerned about his intellectual growth as his social growth!

Anyway, I stood my ground(actually dug in deeper!), and reminded everyone that they had my email and if they saw behavior that concerned them to please email me immediately! So, two weeks now, no emails, GS has not self-destructed nor threatened destruction upon anyone else. He even seems happier than he has in a while. I think he got a bit of a 'high' taking the Explore, and it may take a bit longer to wear off. That, or his dog has been better therapy than seeing a counselor at school.

So, we've had some bad days this year, in some ways, better than before but in others - it's getting worse.